Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moviez

So I finished my finals and now I am back in boston for the summer. Thus far I have woken up late every day and watched The O.C. That is as productive as it has gotten. That and reading blogs like its my job. But one thing I do like to do is watch movies.

I like watching every type of movie, from Oscar nominees to Nicholas Sparks movies. HOWEVER I hate scary movies. I truly do not understand why people enjoy scaring themselves. ITS THE WORST. So last night I was at my friend's house and she decided it was a good idea to watch The Orphan. WTF that movie is beyond messed up.

If you have never seen it stop reading because I'm going to ruin it here





First of all I was basically peeing my pants the whole time because Esther is everywhere all the time and is constantly popping out of nowhere to scare the crap out of you.

Then, its extra creepy because she is a manipulative murderous CHILD which is beyond creepy. LIKE A CHILD WHO KNOWS HOW TO MURDER AND PERFECTLY COVER IT UP.

It definitely doesn't help that one of the children already living in the house is deaf.

Then the ending is just a long scene of very heightened tension and you're literally on the edge of your seat for way too long and its kinda gory and gross. But it did end with a closed ending so its not like she's still around able to murder and do whatever she wants.
THANK GOD.
That was the reason I was able to sleep last night.

So as you may have noticed, this post has no direction whatsoever, but I'll try to turn it around a little but.

Basically, once I start a movie, I get very into it and regardless of how scary or awful it may be, I generally need to watch it to the end.

Because I get so into movies, I tend to get emotional if the movie calls for it.... Its really lame, I know.
This is why I like Nicholas Sparks movies so much.
But I love movies that allow the watcher to really get into it and relate to the character so much that they can experience all that the movie characters are feeling.

I like to keep a list of movies I have seen that I like and movies that I want to see, which can be helpful if I am looking for something to watch.

I am also a big fan of documentaries, and one I watched recently goes perfectly along with this post. It is called "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" and its about the movie rating system. Its definitely worth a watch if you have some spare time.

Any good movie ideas for my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment